• Analytical capability – the ability to:
a. Understand business situations, identify needs & requirements, and respond through innovative & practical solutions;
b. Do complex calculations, and perform sense check to determine if a certain circumstance is reasonable and plausible;
c. Understand and convey business issues and concerns, and technical concepts;
d. Utilize analytics in his or her assigned job;
e. Respond to client’s request, while at the same time adhering to internal review process; and
f. Accurately identify client issues, and communicate clear explanations and suggested action items.
• Collaboration – the ability to work effectively & efficiently in a team
• Creative thinking – the ability to navigate challenges and develop effective and innovative solution; the capability to produce quality outputs creatively
• Enthusiasm – has good attitude towards work and has strong desire to learn
• Communication skills – the ability to:
a. Communicate effectively with client counterparts through structured questioning, careful listening, & delivery of fact-based findings
b. Report effectively project status & results to different stakeholders;
c. Articulate clearly expectations from and tasks assigned to Associates to ensure effective and efficient conduct of project activities.
• Logical thinking and problem solving – the ability to present problems structurally, and come up with feasible solution based on available data
• Process mapping – the capability to gather data on, document current state processes, design future state processes and integrate these processes to the finance operating model.
• Ability to work under pressure – the ability to
a. Meet tight deadlines and project timeline is open in working beyond office hours
b. Flexible and is willing to work in client sites within or beyond Metro Manila
• Project management – the ability to focus on the processes used to plan, coordinate and control the delivery of services at project level; apply rigor and discipline in the execution of all service delivery projects.
• Planning skills – the ability to:
a. Organize project activities and schedules in line with the approach and methodology;
b. Prioritize project activities and workload during tight deadlines;
c. Delegate appropriate tasks to Associates with proper guidance and mentoring.
• Technical Skills
a. Accounts payable ledger / Procure-to-Pay
b. Accounts receivable ledger / Order-to-Cash
c. General ledger / Record-to-report
d. GAAP / IFRS knowledge
e. Working capital management
f. Payroll / Hire-to-Retire
g. Treasury operations management
h. Financial planning and analysis
Relevant Experience: 3-5 years if relevant work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Preferably Certified Public Accountant (in the Philippines).
Other certifications are considerable:
a. Certified Management Accountant or CMA (International certification)
b. Certified Internal Auditor or CIA (International certification)
c. Certified Accounting Technician or CAT (International certification)
d. Registered Cost Accountant or RCA
e. Members of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (MICB)
f. Project Management Certification
g. Lean Six Sigma – Yellow (first level), Green (second level), Black (highest level).