GSI is looking for an accountant who will be looking after the company’s finances, bookkeeping, and fiscal compliance on a day-to-day basis. We need an experienced accountant who has experience working for a subsidiary company of a conglomerate. This role is expected to look after banking, external audit, and related government agency relationships. A CPA is required for this role.
Accounting & Business Partnering• Processing of journal entries, required monthly reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, foreign exchange• Act as technical reference point for queries from the business and the Finance team on business matters• Work with the Leadership Team to provide regular communications in relation to performance, key issues, insights, etc.• Development of annual budgets and strategic business plans• Cost centre control and expense reporting• Prepare & review monthly and ad hoc analysis• Preparation of annual statutory accounts• Manage cashflow forecasts and liquidity controls• Review & monitor Fixed Asset management• Provide key insights on commercial performance through pro-active analytics• Identify, propose and create suitable & meaningful reporting and analytics to deliver the business’ strategic goals• Analyse information and provide insights for good commercial decision making
Regulatory & Statutory
• Record transactions in compliance with PFRS and IFRS standards• Facilitate and represent the company in internal and external audits, including strict adherence to parent company’s fiscal year audit timelines • Prepare and file BIR monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and compliance requirements• Be the primary point of contact with PEZA, and ensure compliance to statutory reporting and other requirements
• Compute, monitor, forecast income and expenses for the company• Manage PHP as functional currency and AUD as presentation currency• Draft and implement finance related policies and procedures for the company, ensure all policies are reconciled and adhering to parent company finance policies• Prepare and monitor budget in partnership with local business heads, parent company stakeholders, managers, and heads• Control and maintain records for vendors, including preparation of withholding tax forms and ensuring official receipts and invoices are in compliance with regulatory and company policies
Stakeholder Management• Foster strong relationships with key staff.• Display high levels of judgement in communications with stakeholders and peers.• Build external networks and maintain a proactive role in keeping up-to-date with best practices in the industry.
Internal – Guild Group Holdings• CEO• Head of Finance (Guild Group)• Leadership Team• Finance team• Risk, Audit and Compliance Function
External• Auditors/Tax Advisers• 3rd party providers
• Degree qualified in finance/accounting or related discipline.• CPA
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years of experience as Finance Manager working for a subsidiary of a group/conglomerate• Experience in and professional working knowledge of accounting functions and services.• 5 years experience in managing and facilitating Internal and External Audits• 5 years experience in managing inquiries from local regulatory bodies, including PEZA and BIR, most especially in handling BIR LOA’s (Letter of Authority)• 5 years experience managing a company with different presentation and functional currencies, preferable AUD and PHP
• Willing to manage the end-to-end processes in Finance, as the company is a start-up and will not need additional finance staff at the moment• Familiarity with PFRS and IFRS• Effective influencer, able to quickly build credibility and strong relationships with senior stakeholders.• Outcomes focused and resilient; able to deliver results under pressure.• Problem solver, deals well with ambiguity and can offer practical and thoughtful solutions.• Collaborative style with the ability to lead others to achieve objectives.• Customer focused with strong commercial acumen and the ability to convert strategy into reality.• Excellent analytical skills.• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Excel.• Well-developed problem-solving skills.• Excellent time management. • Strong attention to detail• Experience with D365 is desired
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria