- Make sure you have signed your LAF/ SOP. (These are your online Loan Agreement Form (LAF) or Schedule of Particulars (SOP))
- Receive an SMS welcoming you to Mobile Wallet.
- Verify your account by dialling *120*176# and reply with your ID number.
- Receive a password that you will use when transacting.
- Your vouchers will be made available for spending.
How to unblock a locked wallet?
A wallet will be locked if the incorrect password is entered three times. To unblock it:
- Log on to your myNSFAS account
- Go to NSFAS Connect
- Create a case
- Use your cell phone to take a picture of both sides of your ID and submit it
- Provide your cell number
- Indicate that your NSFAS wallet has been blocked.
If you cannot log in to the account, you can request NSFAS via email or their social media inbox (DM).
How to change a cell phone number or email address
- Log on to your myNSFAS account using your username (email address) and password.
- Click Personal Details on the top of your screen.
- Update your cell phone number and email address.
- Click Update
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address
- Enter the OTP and click Submit
How to reset myNSFAS login details/recover my NSFAS account
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za, click on myNSFAS, and select “forgot password”.
- Type in ID number and indicate the help required: password or username or both. Click submit.
- The username and link to change password will be sent via SMS and email. Follow the instructions.