Documents needed for all applicants
Applicants must supply copies of the following documents. All documents must be certified, with the certification being less than three months old.
- Proof of acceptance/registration at a university or TVET college
- ID document or unabridged birth certificate of the applicant
- ID documents of parents, guardian, or spouse
- Applicant’s proof of income or one year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Parents, guardian, or spouse’s proof of income (salary slips/pensions slips if applicable/affidavit if unemployed)
- Students who are SASSA grant recipients do not have to provide SASSA slips or proof of income.
- Applicants with disabilities must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A form
- Applicants recognised by the Department of Social Development as “vulnerable child” must submit a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form
- If applicable, applicants should also submit copies of the following documents:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree
Special note for 2021 applications
Documents do not have to be certified due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Signed consent forms are not required. Ticking the box in the application gives consent for NSFAS to use personal information for official purposes.